Sunday, July 12, 2009

What is perfect anyway? On reflection…

I don’t have the answers. I don’t even pretend to understand the complex workings of the mind or heart.

I trust in people. See the best in them. Look for the right in what I suspect to be wrong. I won’t be told that something or someone is not good enough for me. I will want to prove you wrong.

I’m also very good at ignoring the obvious when it’s not what I want to see.

I think when it comes to love, nothing is perfect, but it’s about finding something or someone perfect enough.

For me that means finding someone who compliments those things that are Fundamentally Casey: (a start, but certainly not a comprehensive list)
• He is interested in my career, supportive of my ambition, interested to read my work.
• He is a keen traveller, interested in exploring the world and understanding all its complexities.
• He is quirky, fun, interesting and ambitious.
• He is mature, responsible, compassionate and loving.
• He gets along with my family and friends.

And, honestly? The search continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment